Needed to Complete
- (1) Full-range 4–5+ Channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® Compatible Transmitter
- (1) 4S 14.8V to 6S 22.2V 3200–4000mAh LiPo with EC5™ or IC5® Connector (use the IC5® Battery / IC3® Device adapter to use batteries equipped with IC3® or EC3™ connectors; SPMXCA508 sold separately)
- (1) Compatible LiPo Charger
Higher Performance Habu
The Habu STS (Smart Trainer with SAFE®) 70mm EDF was a game-changer that finally made it possible to learn to fly RC airplanes successfully with a jet! E-flite® engineers also realized that a more powerful and capable version would be even more exciting for low-time to experienced pilots to fly. Enter the Habu SS (Super Sport) 70mm EDF jet — a modified version of the Habu STS that offers nearly unlimited vertical performance, more speed, and even more aerobatic capability. It has a 4S to 6S compatible power system featuring a specially-tuned motor and 70mm 10-blade fan, along with a telemetry-capable Avian™ 70-amp Smart Lite ESC. It's also available in a BNF® Basic version equipped with exclusive Spektrum™ AS3X® and optional-use SAFE® Select technologies. The Habu SS is easy enough for a wide variety of low-time pilots with little to no EDF experience to fly successfully — while also being one of the best all-around fun-to-fly and no hassles high-performance EDF sport jets for experienced pilots too!
- A modified version of the popular Habu STS that offers nearly unlimited vertical performance, more speed and even more aerobatic capability
- Based on one of the best first and high-performance EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) sport jet platforms ever designed—the legendary Habu
- Unique airframe design delivers incredible low-speed handling and slow speed performance that makes it one of the easiest to fly jets EVER
- Specially tuned motor and 70mm 10-blade fan compatible with 4S to 6S batteries without the need for modifications or upgrades
- Popular and affordable 4S to 6S 3200–4000mAh batteries deliver excellent performance and flight times
- 70-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart Lite ESC provides real-time battery voltage, current, RPM and other data via compatible receivers and transmitters
- Compatible with the Spektrum™ DXS transmitter included with many of the most popular E-flite® and HobbyZone® trainer airplane models
- Spektrum™ AR631 receiver with fly-by range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Easy to take off, fly and land with optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- 4-channel control with five factory-installed servos and linkages for full aerobatic capability
- Wide-stance landing gear with lower profile wheels/tires for a sleeker look and less drag
- Optional oversized tires for operation from a variety of surfaces including thick grass
- Landing gear can be removed for easy hand launching and belly landings
- Composite-reinforced and strengthened EPO airframe
- Factory-finished in a high-visibility trim scheme
- Fast and easy assembly – no glue required
More Power — More Capabilities
Based on the legendary Habu — one of the best first and high-performance EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) sport jet platforms EVER designed — the E-flite® Habu SS (Super Sport) 70mm EDF is a more powerful and more capable version of the popular Habu STS (Smart Trainer with SAFE)! It's a simple, no hassles, easy, and extremely fun to fly high-performance sport jet that's a perfect first-ever EDF for RC pilots with limited experience — while also being one of the best-ever everyday sport jets for experienced pilots. The Habu SS offers the same incredible low-speed handling and performance as the STS, but features updates and upgrades for more aerobatic capability, higher speeds, and nearly unlimited vertical performance. The specially tuned motor and 70mm 10-blade fan are compatible with 4S to 6S batteries without the need for modifications or upgrades. This factory-installed power system delivers plenty of speed and thrust with popular 4S 3200mAh batteries, added power with 5S batteries, or nearly unlimited vertical performance and speeds up to 100 MPH in a dive with 6S 4000mAh batteries! With Smart and non-Smart batteries, the exclusive 70-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart Lite ESC can provide a variety of real-time power system telemetry data including motor RPM, current, overall battery voltage and more via compatible receivers (such as the AR631 included with the BNF® Basic version) and Spektrum AirWare™ equipped transmitters. Best of all a wide range of pilots, even those who have never flown an EDF before, can enjoy flying this model successfully — especially the BNF® Basic version that includes exclusive AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies.
Factory-finished in a trim scheme with higher-visibility colors, the airframe is composite-reinforced and strengthened to handle the added speed and aerobatic capabilities right out of the box. The optional-use fixed landing gear is outfitted with smaller diameter wheels and tires for sleeker looks and less drag. The wide-stance gear plus steerable nosewheel makes it easy to taxi, takeoff, and land on paved, dirt, and shorter grass surfaces — or you can install the oversized wheels and tires from the Habu STS to fly from thicker grass and other rough surfaces. You can also remove the landing gear for more speed and vertical performance with easy hand launches over and belly landings on grass. Best of all, the Habu SS 70mm EDF assembles quickly and easily without glue or special tools — so you can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery!
Are you new to flying RC (Radio Controlled) aircraft? If you are, we recommend learning to fly with one of our purpose-built trainer aircraft such as the E-flite® Habu STS (Smart Trainer with SAFE) 70mm EDF (www.horizonhobby.cc/HabuSTSRTF). It's equipped with exclusive and innovative SAFE technology that makes it possible for almost anyone to learn to fly successfully! The Ready-To-Fly (RTF) version includes everything needed to fly in one box and is the perfect choice if you're a new RC pilot.
Bind-N-Fly Completion Level Advantage
Already own a Spektrum™ transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly, and fly!
This Bind-N-Fly Basic model is equipped with a Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX® receiver featuring AS3X (Artificial Stabilization–3-aXis) technology that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence. The result is a heightened sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you're flying a much larger, expertly tuned aircraft.
If this is your first model of its type, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection technology built into the receiver. No programming is required. Simply change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual.
With SAFE Select enabled, you get:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
- These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.
- The airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and in the center position. It's also helpful for keeping the wings level during takeoffs/launches and landings.
Easy Switch Assignment—No Complex Programming Required
- The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn't require any complex programming and takes just a few seconds.
If you don't want to enable the SAFE Select features, just bind the receiver normally and it will function like a standard AS3X receiver.
|Approximate Assembly Time||Less than 1 hour|
|Battery Connector||EC5 or IC5 Connector|
|Fan Size||70mm EDF|
|Landing Gear||Tricycle landing gear with a steerable nose wheel|
|Minimum Required Radio||4-5+ Channel Spektrum™ DSMX® / DSM2® compatible transmitter|
|Motor Type||Brushless - Outrunner|
|Product Length||45" (1143 mm)|
|Product Weight||2.45 lb (1.11 kg) w/o battery|
|Recommended Motor Battery||4S 14.8V to 6S 22.2V 3200–4000mAh LiPo with EC5™ or IC5® Connector|
|Skill Level||Level 2|
|Technology||Smart, AS3X and SAFE|
|Wingspan||40.5" (1029 mm)|